There is a high demand on the job market for skilled professionals in the areas of drafting, design and material testing. Matrix College’s AEC in Civil Engineering Technology-Design and Testing is aligned to meet this market requirement and prepare Civil Engineering technicians who are able to design pieces of building structures, supervise sites and test construction materials thereby becoming useful assistants to Civil Engineers, Project Managers and Architects.
Key Courses :
Testing of Materials
- Introduction to the Profession
- Bituminous Mix
- Analysys of Soils
- Inspection of Construction Works
Design and Drafting
- Statics and Resistance of Materials
- Structural Reactions
- Analysis of C. E. Projects
- Drafting with Specialized Software I
- Drafting with Specialized Software II
Skills gained after completing this program:
- Use surveying tools to map measurements
- Verify that measurements match with the construction plans
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards on a construction site and within a lab
- Perform various tests on construction materials on site and in a lab environment
- Fabricate concrete and bituminous mixtures
- Inspection of construction work
- Appraise soil characteristics and readiness
- Draft plans using specialized CAD application
- Design structural pieces made of various materials and of various quality standards
- Write project specification and oversee construction work
- Be sensitive to the environmental impact of construction projects.
Possible career opportunities
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Structure Design Technician
- Residential, Commercial and Industrial Drafter
- Construction Technician
- Road and Highway Technician
- Construction Materials Technician
- Construction Site and Building Inspector
- Soil Technologist – Civil Engineering
- Construction Specification Writer
- Construction Site Supervisor
- Quebec post-secondary Diploma or equivalent and computer literacy
Why study at Matrix College?
- Experienced teachers
- Small class sizes
- Internships offered by the College
- Hands-on training
- Job placement services
- Flexible payment plans
- Latest technology used in the classrooms
- Financial aid
- Fun campus life
One-on-one meeting with an advisor from the Admissions Office.
Ask questions about the programs at Matrix College, the admission requirements and process, tuition fees and financial assistance, student services or on-campus activities.
Advisors are available from Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30 to meet with you!
To book your free information session, please contact us at 1 514 667-7017 or at email@example.com
Walk-ins are always welcome!